Autumn term topic: Space (Science focus)
- Explain the rotation and orbit of the Earth creating days and years;
- Explain seasons caused by the Earth’s tilt on its own axis and orbit of the Sun;
- Study the movement of the Earth/Moon relative to the Sun in the solar system;
- Study the phases of the moon;
- Study the arrangement of the planets in the solar system;
- Investigate the development of theories relating to the arrangement of stars and planets in the universe.
Spring term topic: Greece (History/Geography focus)
- Say when the Ancient Greek people lived and order some events from the time on a timeline.
• Describe some key facts about the Battle of Marathon and the Trojan War and answer questions to demonstrate their understanding.
• Talk about some Ancient Greek gods and know some features of Greek myths.
- Use maps and atlases to local the country of Greece.
- Understand human geography and physical geography within Greece.
- Compare modern Greece with modern Britain.
Summer term topic: World War Two (History focus)
- Explain when and why World War Two started.
- Learn about leaders during World War Two.
- Understand what life was like in Britain during World War Two (including rationing and Blitz).
- Understand the effect of war on everyday life.