Welcome to the Elephants Class.
WELCOME TO YEAR 4
Welcome to Year 4. I am looking forward to an exciting and happy year ahead in this class. We have lots of great things to look forward to such as learning about Electricity, Recycling, Food, Water, Europe.
Miss Briggs and Mr Bannister are our teaching assistants in Year 4, Mrs Halsall also works in our class in the mornings.
I thought you might like to know some information about what you need to bring into
school with you.
• Please bring your reading book bag to school each day and we will try to hear you read at least twice a week and change your book.
• PE kits need to stay in school until holidays when you can take them home to be washed. Our PE days are Monday and Tuesday each week until February and then it will be swimming on a Monday and P.E on Wednesday (if you wear earrings make sure you take them out for PE days).
• Please bring a clearly named water bottle each day with fresh water in.
• Make sure all your clothes are clearly named especially coats and jumper/cardigans as we cannot return lost property if it is not named.
• Make sure you have a suitable coat in school every day as we will have lessons and break time outside in all kinds of weather.
Every half term you will be given a homework book with a homework grid made up with lots of different homework tasks which you need to complete over that half term. You will also get some spellings to practice for a test on a Monday. Make sure you bring your homework book back to school on a Friday each week so that your homework can be marked.
When we start using the library again our class library time will be on a Tuesday so remember to bring your library books back so that you can borrow another exciting book.
As you know you have a Record of Achievement file in school which is to celebrate your achievements. It would be great if you have any out of school achievements to be included into this file. Things like Swimming awards, Brownies/Cubs etc.
This can also go on our ‘Incredible wall’.
I am looking forward to this year and wish you a successful and happy year in Year 4.
Let’s work together to make this the best year ever!