ASHLEIGH PRIMARY SCHOOL – HOME/SCHOOL AGREEMENT
As a school we will
- Work towards every child achieving his or her full potential as a valued member of the school community.
- Promote high standards of work and behaviour through building good relationships, developing a sense of responsibility and respect for others.
- Ensure each child’s entitlement to a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Inform families of the curriculum areas to be covered each term.
- Hold regular consultation evenings to discuss each child’s progress.
- Let families know of concerns that affect their child’s work or behaviour.
- Contact the family if there is a problem concerning attendance, punctuality or equipment.
- Arrange a mutually convenient time should families wish to discuss their child.
- Encourage children to take care of the environment and local community.
- Set, mark and monitor classwork in accordance with school policies.
As a family we will
- Ensure our child attends school regularly, on time and properly equipped.
- Inform the school of the reasons for any absence as soon as possible.
- Support the school in maintaining good behaviour, discipline and respect for others.
- Ensure our child arrives at school and is collected at the correct time.
- Do our best to attend parental consultation evenings and discussion about our child’s progress.
- Notify the school of any change in circumstances which may affect our child’s learning
- Support the school and its policies.
- Support our child in homework and other opportunities for home learning.
- Be mindful of children’s safety when driving and parking cars within the vicinity of school.
As a pupil I will
- Attend school regularly and on time.
- Bring all the equipment I need everyday.
- Take responsibility for my own possessions.
- Wear the school uniform correctly and be tidy in appearance.
- Do all my classwork and homework as well as I can.
- Conduct myself in an orderly manner and obey the school rules.
- Treat others with respect and be polite and helpful
- Care for the school environment
- Take newsletters and other communications home promptly