Home School Agreement for children in Reception, Y1 & Y6 who hope to return to school before 20th July 2020.
Please find below a copy of the temporary Home School Agreement for June - July 2020. This needs to be agreed by parents before children return to school. Please reply to the email Ms Adamson sent you to acknowledge you accept it.
Dropping Off and Collecting
- I will enter the school grounds through the main entrance gate and wait with my child on one of the coloured spots marked on the yard.
- I will remain in position until instructed by a member of staff to send my child to their classroom or until my child comes to me from their classroom.
- I will follow the path system and exit the school grounds as directed through the infant gates, maintaining social distancing to others at all times.
- I understand that no parent/carer will be allowed into the school building and that I will not be able to stop and chat with members of staff or others.
- I understand that communication with school staff will be done via email or a phone call before or after school.
- I understand that I must adhere to the drop off/collection times given to allow social distancing measures to be effective.
- I understand I may be asked to wait outside the school grounds until other children and their families have left the school grounds or gone into school if I am late bringing or collecting my child.
- I understand that the school and parents/carers need to have strict procedures in and out of school to reduce the risk of COVID 19 or other viruses and illnesses being brought into and spreading across school.
- I understand that my child will be in a ‘bubble’ with a maximum of 10 children. This means they may not be in their classroom or with their class teacher. ‘Bubbles’ of children will not mix together at any time.
- I understand that the adults working in school will try to maintain common sense in terms of social distancing whilst working with the children; however, they are caring for the children and therefore may work closer than 2 metres with them.
- I understand that whilst the school will always try to regularly clean the areas used, will engage in frequent hand washing, will ask staff to abide by rules for clothing/showering etc., we are unable to guarantee a virus-free school.
Controlling the Virus and Hygiene
- My child will have washed before arriving at school and will change their clothes when they get home.
- My child will wear their own clothes which are suitable for PE sessions, including appropriate footwear (not uniform) and will wear clean clothes every day.
- I will bring an appropriate coat for playing outside and for the weather conditions but nothing else except medication (see below) – no books, no bags, no items from home.
- I understand that my child will be using hand sanitiser gel and washing their hands frequently through the day.
- My child will bring a filled water bottle (clearly labelled) to school each day. This cannot be refilled at school. We will encourage children to stay hydrated throughout the day.
- I will not bring my child to the school if they have any symptoms of coronavirus or if anyone in the household has symptoms. I will isolate my child and the whole household for 14 days if this is the case and will inform the school immediately.
- If my child has medication for asthma, allergies or other conditions, I will ensure that they have the medication with them in a labelled container.
- If I need to bring in medication for my child I will pre-agree it with school by phoning the office and following school procedures and guidance for delivering as directed by school staff.
- I understand that if my child becomes unwell during their time in the school, they will be immediately placed in isolation (in accordance with government guidance) and I will be contacted and asked to collect them. If I can’t be reached, the other contacts given will be called.
- I understand that if any children or staff in my child’s ‘bubble’ show signs of coronavirus, my child will also have to self-isolate for 14 days.
- I understand that if my child falls dangerously ill the staff will contact medical services.
- I understand that if my child has an accident (eg nose bleed, sickness), staff will wear appropriate PPE to administer the necessary first aid.
- I understand that should it become impossible for Ashleigh Primary School to remain open because of a COVID outbreak or staffing shortages then the childcare will cease with immediate effect and that this may be with very little notice.
- I understand that some staff may choose to wear items of PPE (eg. Face masks) and that they will have received training to put it on correctly.
- I understand my child will have a packed lunch school dinner if you have requested a school dinner in advance in the usual way. No snacks/fruit from home to be brought to school for breaks.
- I understand the children will not be bringing reading books or other items home with them.
- I understand that the school will not be setting homework until further notice, although there will be some online learning provision for children not attending school.
- I understand that there will be no before or after school provision as we cannot ensure consistent bubbles of children.
Name of Parent/Carer (s): ________________________________________________________
Child: ____________________________ Year Group: _________________
Signed: ___________________________ Date: _______________________